Job title: Part-time Network Announcer
Company: Cumulus Media
Job description: CUMULUS MEDIA | Westwood One, Dallas, TX is looking for a dynamic Part-time Network Announcer on the Real Country format with 24/7 Formats. Shifts can vary each weekend and can be voice tracked in advance. If you can deliver lifestyle headlines, be focused, creative and multi-task and most of all…love radio, we should talk. Board work and production are all a part of what we do, so show us what you’ve got.
Who We Are:
Westwood One is a national radio network serving hundreds of affiliate radio stations and millions of listeners in all 50 states. We program over a dozen 24-hour radio formats with shows originating from numerous locations, primarily Denver and Dallas.
Responsibilities for the Part-time Network Announcer on the Real Country format with 24/7 Formats include hosting shows that generate ratings by being entertaining and informative. Must have a deep understanding of how to go beyond the latest news, headlines, and events to craft an entertaining and unique product. The candidate should be able to plan and produce a quality show, through creative ideas, segments, celebrity interviews and production elements. Daily commercial production is required. Candidates must have unparalleled passion, worth ethic and drive.
- Produce a compelling radio show by using creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting on-air content
- Connect with listeners via social, video and web
- Daily social media engagement; website and digital content generation
- Commercial Production (PDQ) voice and produce ads for clients
- Handles emergency news/weather in show; on call for weather disasters/breaking news
- Plays music as specified by music director and music log
- 2 + years of Full-Time On-Air experience with successful ratings history required
- Knowledge of current and classic country artist and music preferred
- Must have experience with on-air automation systems, Adobe Audition and basic computer software programs
- Network radio and OpX on-air automation system experience preferred
- Must have suitable wifi connection and speed as announcer will be producing shows from home on provided company equipment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking
- Strong knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations
- Socially informed and perceptive; up-to-date and in tune daily with national trends and/or specialized knowledge of topics/events related to on-air discussions
- Demonstrated upbeat personality, informative, entertaining and engaging on the air; able to relate to audience
- Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
- Excellent verbal and written communication and editing skills; proficient in grammar; ability to make others feel comfortable and open up on air
- Demonstrated creativity and imagination
- Can work well in a team environment; collaborative
- Audio demo of on-air interviews, commentary, announcements, etc. must be added to online profile/application
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Professional growth and career path
- Focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability, to ask “what if” and try innovative solutions
For immediate consideration, please visit
For more information about CUMULUS MEDIA, visit our website at:
CUMULUS MEDIA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Location: Dallas, TX
Job date: Fri, 02 Apr 2021 04:53:26 GMT
Apply for the job now!