Job title: Massage Therapist (Part Time)
Job description: Welcome to the Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas, a defining and iconic beachfront resort located in North County, San Diego, just 28 miles north of San Diego International Airport. Both historic and breathtaking, Encinitas is a unique setting among a group of beach enclaves that dot California’s Coast Highway 101. The vibe here is refreshingly unpretentious, artsy and chill, and a place where the local residents take a balanced, holistic approach to the good life. Whether riding the consistent ocean waves, biking along the dramatic coastline, swimming and bodysurfing, practicing yoga or just relaxing, reflecting and toasting with a glass of wine, it’s an enviable lifestyle that echoes the essence of our distinctive relaxed luxury experience.
To the discerning traveler, we are the quintessential Southern California beachfront destination that delivers authentic and one-of-a-kind personalized experiences in a world-class, barefoot luxury setting. We are local, sophisticated and unscripted, with the intent of anticipating guest needs both spoken and unspoken.
We are looking for colleagues who can quickly perpetuate a culture that embraces great design and superlative service. Our highly-anticipated soon-to-be-open hotel seeks unique individuals who have a passion for exceptional hotel service that is both intuitive and personal, and who best express that belief in an atmosphere of spontaneity and authenticity. At Alila Hotels, a Hyatt Hotels brand, we believe our guests select our luxury resort because of our caring and attentive colleagues who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful, surprisingly different experiences.
More than a resort spa, Spa ALiLA is an unrivaled wellbeing space that puts purpose and people at our core, serving as a catalyst for changing lives and celebrating individuality. We are currently seeking a Massage Therapist to join our team. The Massage Therapist is responsible for delivery of exceptional massage and body treatments in a nurturing environment.
- Adhere to all state licensing standards and procedures for operation, sanitation and cleanliness.
- Maintain a professional, confidential practitioner-client relationship; understand and use universal precautions and code of ethics when providing services.
- Assess guest’s contraindications that may interfere with the ability to receive a service and modify treatments based on guest’s individual needs and/or preferences.
- Maintain exceptional knowledge of all services, products and ingredients and the ability to explain the benefits and recommend additional services and products.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment and stations used, as well as restock linens and products between and at the end of each working shift.
- Must possess the ability to perform consecutive services in a pre-determined period of time.
- Work assigned schedule; begin and end all treatments on time; ensure work areas are clean and set according to procedures.
- Attend all scheduled meetings and professional trainings, as requested.
- Assist spa management in any additional tasks requested.
- Display professional demeanor and appearance at all times.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required.
- Have and maintain a current state license or certification as a massage therapist, as required by state law.
- Minimum one-year experience providing massage therapy in a luxury spa environment is preferred.
- Presents a caring, warm demeanor with a true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced, luxury environment.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Maintains a positive attitude and takes initiative to get the job done.
- Committed to producing quality work.
- Supportive team player.
- Eager to learn and to share knowledge and skills.
Location: Encinitas, CA
Job date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 05:58:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!