Job title: Senior Studio Solutions Engineer, Studio Infrastructure
Job description: Our mission at Netflix is to entertain the world. We strive to bring joy to every one of our members. To make the many kinds of original content that have become synonymous with our brand, Netflix is building the largest creative studio in the world. Something at this scale has never been done before and many groups at Netflix are pitching in to contribute. The Studio Infrastructure team is doing their part by building infrastructure applications that empower the Netflix visual effects, animation, and post-production teams who operate globally. For us this isn’t just about solving tough problems. It’s about sparking artist joy.
Netflix is a global company and we’re building a globally distributed studio to make more of our own content. Producing content at scale is a complicated creative process that involves many steps taken by many creative and operational teams. When these teams are scattered across the globe, it’s the infrastructure, tooling, and automation we provide that keeps them connected, creating, and sharing. To be successful, we strive to support the creative process and stay out of the artist’s way.
We believe a big part of our ability to spark artist joy comes from fostering inclusion and building diversity within our own team. Our team is made up of Engineers who come from a wide variety of backgrounds and disciplines. We believe the plurality of experience, opinions, and skills within our team is what makes us succeed in our own mission.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Sr. Studio Solutions Engineer who is excited by working with content creators to build custom solutions to satisfy a wide range of artist needs.
As a Member of Our Team You Will:
- Combine your knowledge of studio production, and hands on experience, with your empathy for our artists to identify new areas of technical opportunity.
- Work with Animation and VFX teams to support their productions and identify inefficiencies and improvements, as well as unblock immediate issues affecting the studio.
- Work cross-functionally with Product engineering teams to operate systems and services that provide reliable and scalable solutions supporting the artist experience.
- Have the freedom to build what is necessary based on customer needs.
- You have 5+ years experience working in a production or post-production environment.
- You have a working knowledge of VFX or Animation pipelines, systems, and tools, such as Shotgun, Foundry Nuke, RV, Maya.
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux system administration, shared storage, networking, and remote streaming desktop protocols is a plus.
- You have experience using scripting languages and command line tools to expand and enhance production workflows, including Python.
- You have experience with deploying and operating production related services such as renderfarms, configuration management systems, and license servers.
- The communication skills to clearly articulate and document technical concepts and explain how they impact the creative process.
- Experience working on an internationally distributed team is a plus.
For more information on what it’s like to work at Netflix, please take a look at our !
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job date: Sat, 30 Jan 2021 23:50:30 GMT
Apply for the job now!