Job title: Facial Modeller
Job description: Facial Modellers at DNEG use a wide range of reference and source materials, including photography and photogrammetry to construct Facial Models and Blendshapes for use in high-end characters, creatures and digi-doubles.
You will work very closely with the Rigging team and Animation Director and use your knowledge of FACS to create physically plausible face shapes for creatures and virtual actors as well as using your keen eye to create correct facial and neck shapes for use in our pose-space deformation system.
- Knowledge of Facial Action Coding System.
- Time based sculpting skills (Facial Blendshapes and shot sculpt).
- A strong sense of facial anatomy, form, scale, and proportion.
- A very keen eye for detail and spotting abnormalities.
- A working knowledge of modelling in (but not limited to): Maya, Z-Brush, Mudbox and Cyslice.
- A good working knowledge of topology and good basic UV layout for texturing.
Nice to Have:
- Life drawing/sculpting experience.
- Experience in other areas of visual effects (TV, Games) will also be taken into account.
- A good knowledge of Linux and Windows.
- Meticulous with high attention to detail.
- A team player and clear communicator, and a keenness for collaboration.
- Adaptable and with a willingness to learn new skills and techniques – including proprietary software
- Calm under pressure and committed to meeting production deadlines.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.
Job date: Wed, 27 Jan 2021 00:50:19 GMT
Apply for the job now!